Thursday, August 9, 2012

Poem 196 - Rains

I jump in puddles and dance in the rain
The heavens have opened so lets have fun
The water has started to flood this lane
Hiding behind the gray clouds is the sun
I am soaked wet but it's still fun to play
Yet, I love the rain, so I hope it does stay
The farmers for this rain they must have prayed
Their plants might have died in the summer heat
But the potters might be cursing this rain
Because they work hard to make their ends meet
Pots won't dry, so the farmers are now in vain
But I love the rain as it's fun for me
I feel so happy and I feel so free
-Gaurang Rao


3 comments:

  1. Good to see you in action again, Gaurang. Keep writing, so that you will become a great poet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to read - waiting for more :) -amma

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.